- This event has passed.
International Music Festival
June 8, 2019 - 10:00 am - 5:00 pmFREE
Save the Date for the Annual International Music Festival held at City Park in Downtown Fort Morgan, CO. Immerse yourself into the diverse heritage and culture that is Morgan County. Learn, network, and most of all have fun with this free event that highlights music, food, and entertainment from around the world. This festival reminds us we that even though we come from different backgrounds, we are all similar and can celebrate all of our uniqueness together!
Food, live performances, displays, family fun, pinatas, henna, face painting, kids global village and so much more! You don’t want to miss this!
Save the date for June 8th! -Festival Date change to June 8
Performance Schedule: Taking place at or near the Dahms-Talton Band Shell in City Park
10:00 a.m: Community Zumba– Join us on stage for a Zumba activity! Learn to dance to Latin American Music under the direction of a Zumba instructor! All ages are welcome to come dance!
- 11:00 a.m. Mariachi Sol De Mi Tierra: This full Mexican Mariachi ensemble features four violins, two trumpets, guitar, guitarron and singing. Authentic costumes and traditional cultural repertoire.
- 12:00 p.m. Fiesta Colorado: Fiesta Colorado Dance Company is the premier Hispanic Dance Company in Colorado. It has presented the highest quality performances of Mexican Folkloric, Flamenco, and Spanish Classical Dance.
- 1:00 p.m. One World Taiko: A Japanese drumming ensemble. Their repertoire includes taiko pieces Japan, and their own original compositions that feature a blend of traditional, contemporary, and world music stylings. They perform on traditional Japanese drums.
- 2:00 p.m. Pinata Breaking: Ready for some candy?! Everyone under the age of 16 is able to hit a pinata! Get in line in front of the stage!
- 3:00 p.m. African Fashions Catwalk: Join us as many countries showcase the beauty of collaboration of style and culture of Africa. The event will showcase stylish and traditional clothing from countries all over Africa including vivid outfits representing the cultures of Somalia, Rwanda, and Eritrea.
- 4:00 p.m. Colorado Asian Cultural Heritage Center: For a grand finale, plan on watching this talented group of youth promoting and introducing the sport and art of dragon and lion dance, and Asian culture.